How to Overcome Obstructions
Have you read the biography of Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson? It is fascinating to learn how Steve Jobs handled obstructions. (And how people who didn’t handle them, lost out.)
There was a third partner when Jobs and Steve Wozniak started Apple in 1976. Ron Wayne owned 10% of the company. But then he got cold feet. He didn’t want to face the obstacles so he sold out for $2300. Had he stayed on and kept his 10% stake, at the end of 2011 it would have been worth approximately $35 billion. Instead, Isaacson says Wayne now lives off his social security check.
3 tips for handling an obstruction:
- Be willing to face difficult situations.
- When threatened with danger, don’t strive ahead blindly. Retreat temporarily and reflect.
- Surround yourself with trustworthy people who can be counted upon for help.
I had the opportunity to spend an evening with Steve Jobs. We didn’t talk about Apple or leadership. We talked about meditation. I found him to be as Isaacson described him in the book: interesting, intriguing and intense. – Shar McBee
5 Responses to How to Overcome Obstructions
- Encouragement (78)
- Fundraising (34)
- How to make progress NOW (27)
- Leadership (164)
- Low-cost ideas (1)
- Membership (2)
- Nonprofit Support Center (29)
- Volunteers (40)
- Women Empowerment (15)